POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animation help : Re: animation help Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation help
From: Ace
Date: 18 Dec 2001 20:36:18
Message: <3c1fef12@news.povray.org>
bob h <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message

> If all your asking is for the way a typical vehicle rolls along on wheels
> attached to a axle then yes, pretty simple to do.
>
> You want the circumference of the wheel to match distance on the ground
> plane.
>
> (Radius*2)*pi=Distance
>
> Radius being POV units of the wheel, Distance being the movement of the
> whole car.  So all you really are doing is finding that distance of travel
> via the wheel size.  So when you put translate Distance*clock*x into the
Car
> object statement you get that amount of travel.
>
> Then for multiple turns of the wheel you simply add a extra variable for
how
> many times to turn it.  Complete setup as follows:

<snip great scene>

> You'll need to put it all together as wanting, texturing and objects.  I
> might have gone too far writing up a whole scene here  :-)  without
knowing
> for certain your question.  It sounded like you either had trouble with
> origin rotations or motion along direction of movement.  Hopefully this
will
> answer both things.

yes thats what I wanted, I think :-) just not sure how to use it...
All I really need is how to make the wheel turn around its center instead of
the center of the car.... I want to declare the axel as the center of the
wheel.I posted 2 example in the animation group.one without the wheels
turning, one with them turning. ignore the fact that the wheels are square
;-) sorry they run so fast.....

Gary